www.cwc.org and any and all related properties (together the “Site”) to enable features on our Site, analyze the use
of our Site, and improve user experience on our Site.
Your Consent and Choices About Cookies
functionality and performance of our Site as well as the means for you to control them. You will see this banner
each time you visit the Site until you take action to respond to it. For visitors located outside of the United
States, when you click on the “Accept All Cookies” button, you agree that we can “use” (collect, save, store,
change, transfer/transborder transfer, and delete) cookies as described below. You also agree that your personal
data (including any personally identifiable information) may be collected and stored by third parties located in the
United States. Please see the “How Do We Use Particular Cookies?” section below for more information.
What Is a Cookie, How We Use Them, and How Long They Stay
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your web browser when you visit our Site. Cookies help us distinguish
you from other visitors by allowing us to learn and remember your actions and preferences on our Site. In this way,
cookies help us provide you with customized content and efficient navigation through our Site.
There are two broad categories of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires and
disappears when you close your browser. A persistent cookie stays on your device for a predefined time period or
until you manually delete it.
CWC does not use web beacons, SDK, pixels, or similar tools that work together with cookies to recognize visitors or
how they interact with content. If you block third-party cookies through the Cookie Preference Center, this will
also disable any related web beacons, SDKs, pixels, or similar tools that third parties may set on your device.
Managing and Disabling Cookies
You can manage or disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Please refer to the settings menu
of your browser for instructions on how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to disable cookies, our Site
might not function properly and certain content might not be available. Please note that after you delete your cookies,
you may be asked to login again on many websites where you may have stored a login cookie.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
In addition, you can exercise advertising cookie choices by visiting:
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
We use four types of cookies on our websites: strictly necessary cookies; analytical/performance cookies;
functionality cookies; and targeting/advertising cookies. Each cookie is described below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you
to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart, or make use of e-billing. These cookies are strictly
necessary to deliver the Site and therefore cannot be refused. These cookies do not store any Personal Data.
Specific strictly necessary cookies include:
- ASP.NET_SessionId: Session cookie that tracks an active session. The cookie is deleted at the end of the
- __RequestVerificationToken: This protects against cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks in an effort to give
you a secure experience.
- __cfduid: This cookie identifies computers behind a shared IP address and applies security settings. This helps
us separate trusted machines from infected machines.
- JSESSIONID: Tracks information about your visit for the site’s application and performance monitoring platform,
New Relic, in an effort to provide a more stable and reliable experience.
- Sitename#lang: This cookie determines what language you view the site in.
- CWC-SSO-SOA: Handles Single Sign On with CWC’s AMS.
- .ASPXAUTH: Indicates whether you have logged in.
- Ooyala: Handles video playback in Ooyala player.
These cookies provide statistical information, such as the number of visitors to our Site in an aggregated and
anonymized fashion, and show how visitors navigate our Site. This helps us improve the performance of our Site. We
may use third-party analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, to help measure traffic and usage trends and to
understand the demographics of our users.
Types of data that Google Analytics tracks includes (but are not limited to):
- Pages visited and number of pages visited per session
- Device type, operating system, and browser type and version
- Referring website or URL
- Site search keywords (Google Analytics only)
Specific tracking cookies include:
- SC_ANALYTICS_GLOBAL_COOKIE: This cookie is part of CWC’s analytics functionality. It tracks multiple site visits
for a user over time, and that data can be used to make improvements to the site.
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie to randomly generated value to track unique visitors to the site.
- _gat: This Google Analytics cookie is used to throttle request rate (GA).The impact is that that the site
doesn’t have to send as much data improving the overall experience.
library executes and no existing __utma cookies exists. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google
- _utmz: Google Analytics cookie that stores the traffic source or campaign that explains you reached our site.
- _gali: This Google Analytics cookie is used to support the enhanced link attribution plugin for google
analytics, which allows us to distinguish between links to the same URL by appending a unique ID.
- _unam: Tracks page usage data unless you have separately signed up with Share This which is governed by their
terms and privacy.
These cookies provide enhanced functionality and personalization on our Site, such as remembering your preferences.
They are set by Diversance or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not
allow these cookies, some or all of these services might not function properly. These cookies do not track your
activity on other sites or store any Personal Data.
These cookies profile users or deliver ads across social networks. The social sharing tools that we use on our Site
include ShareThis, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. These platforms allow you to share our content with
your friends and networks. They do not directly identify you or store your Personal Data, but they can uniquely
identify your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you might not be able to use or see
these sharing tools on our Site.
Specific advertising cookies include:
- id, ide, __gads, id, dsid, ged_playlist_activity, _drt_: All of those cookies except for aid are set up by
advertising based on what’s relevant to a user, to improve reporting on campaign performance and to avoid
showing ads that the user has already seen.
- _dc_gtm: This cookie is used to help identify the visitors by either age, gender, or interests by DoubleClick -
Google Tag Manager.
- Simpli.fi: This tracking cookie is used to target users with ads.
- Datr, fr, lu: These cookies are provided by Facebook and collects data on the interests of users via widgets
such as the 'Like' button. This is used to serve targeted advertising to its users when logged into its
CWC does not collect any Personal Data through our first-party cookies, nor do we share any Personal Data with third
For all other cookies that do collect Personal Data, the data processing is based on your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) and
7 (1) GDPR).